Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The House of Death: 14 West 10th Street is a Greek Revival house near Washington Square Park with a ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on August 6, 2015 | 2 CommentsPolice brutality, class warfare, gentrification — today these are hot button topics, both nationally and […]
Posted on December 16, 2014 | No CommentsMuch of the Village Voice from the 1950s to the mid-2000s is available to view […]
Posted on September 2, 2014 | No CommentsMuch of the Village Voice from the 1950s to the mid-2000s is available to view […]
Posted on October 22, 2013 | No CommentsTucked away on an unassuming block on LaGuardia Place is the former studio and home […]
Posted on October 1, 2013 | 1 CommentOn October 1, 1998, Charlie Zito passed away after years of baking bread on Bleecker […]
Posted on September 10, 2013 | No CommentsAs you should now be aware, today is primary election day in New York City. […]
Posted on February 26, 2013 | No CommentsThis coming March will mark the twenty-sixth anniversary of the founding of ACT UP (AIDS […]
Posted on February 1, 2013 | 1 CommentToday we note the passing of Edward I. Koch, Mayor of New York City from […]
Posted on August 9, 2012 | 2 CommentsAlthough more and more of the research that GVSHP documents and shares is done online […]
Page 1 of 11