Browse By Neighborhood
- Photos of the Merchant’s House as a Young Museum: Many of you are following the (quite lengthy) story of a new building that has...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- An Illustrated Trip Down Broadway: We recently highlighted the marvelous illustration work of James Gulliver Hancock as he continues in...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on October 22, 2013 | No CommentsTucked away on an unassuming block on LaGuardia Place is the former studio and home […]
Posted on October 1, 2013 | No CommentsOn October 1, 1998, Charlie Zito passed away after years of baking bread on Bleecker […]
Posted on September 10, 2013 | No CommentsAs you should now be aware, today is primary election day in New York City. […]
Posted on February 26, 2013 | No CommentsThis coming March will mark the twenty-sixth anniversary of the founding of ACT UP (AIDS […]
Posted on February 1, 2013 | 1 CommentToday we note the passing of Edward I. Koch, Mayor of New York City from […]
Posted on August 9, 2012 | 2 CommentsAlthough more and more of the research that GVSHP documents and shares is done online […]
Page 1 of 11