Browse By Neighborhood
- Places We Love: That Shopable Block, East 9th Street: Today we introduce a new feature, Places We Love, focusing on architectural and cultural favorites...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Fashion in the Park: With Fashion Week ending yesterday, we thought we’d wrap up our week with a look...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on May 30, 2013 | No CommentsMost of us have just celebrated the unofficial beginning of summer with the Memorial Day […]
Posted on February 12, 2013 | 1 CommentOn this day in 1809, Abraham Lincoln was born in Hodgenville, Kentucky. Serving as the […]
Posted on July 13, 2012 | 1 CommentAs Off the Grid chronicled last year, today is the anniversary of New York City’s […]
Page 1 of 11