Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- Remembering East Village resident and musician Lead Belly: As regular readers of "Off the Grid" will know, one of many ways GVSHP has...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 19, 2015 | 1 CommentIt’s easy to see, from the many blogs devoted to the subject, that New Yorkers […]
Posted on May 12, 2014 | No CommentsWe’ve been reviewing some of the blogs that we here at Off the Grid like […]
Posted on February 3, 2014 | 2 CommentsReaders of Off the Grid might notice that we often cite other blogs in our […]
Posted on January 17, 2014 | 3 CommentsOn some level, whether it’s top-of-mind or just part of the mental wallpaper, the consciousness […]
Posted on November 12, 2012 | No CommentsAfter riding out the week of Hurricane Sandy at home in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, as the […]
Page 1 of 11