Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- Farewell to Our Friend Bert Waggott: Here at Off the Grid we are sad to report that we have lost a...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Celebrating & Remembering Margot Gayle: The New York City Landmarks Law turns 50 years old this month! In the spirit of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on October 24, 2014 | 1 CommentGVSHP will officially unveil a new historic plaque at the former Fillmore East at 105 […]
Posted on March 21, 2014 | No CommentsForty-six years ago on Saturday, the legendary rock band The Doors performed at the East Village’s […]
Posted on May 16, 2013 | No CommentsA recent post by Rock Cellar Magazine entitled “Rock Meccas of NYC: What Are They […]
Posted on March 28, 2013 | 1 CommentIt was forty five years ago this month that Bill Graham opened the Fillmore East […]
Posted on December 3, 2012 | No CommentsThis past Saturday the GVSHP Brokers Partnership presented a film screening of Get Crazy (1983) […]
Posted on October 18, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope that you can join us for our upcoming event Reel Rockers: Come ‘Get […]
Posted on March 8, 2012 | 3 CommentsForty-four years ago today, music promoter Bill Graham opened the Fillmore East at 105 Second […]
Page 1 of 11