Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Veselka Then and Now: Three years ago today, GVSHP conducted an oral history interview with Veselka owner and GVSHP Trustee ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 24, 2016 | No CommentsForty-three years ago this month, Pink Floyd released Dark Side of the Moon; the album […]
Posted on February 9, 2016 | No CommentsAs regular readers of “Off the Grid” will know, one of many ways GVSHP has […]
Posted on October 24, 2014 | 4 CommentsGVSHP will officially unveil a new historic plaque at the former Fillmore East at 105 […]
Posted on March 21, 2014 | 2 CommentsForty-six years ago on Saturday, the legendary rock band The Doors performed at the East Village’s […]
Posted on May 16, 2013 | No CommentsA recent post by Rock Cellar Magazine entitled “Rock Meccas of NYC: What Are They […]
Posted on March 28, 2013 | 1 CommentIt was forty five years ago this month that Bill Graham opened the Fillmore East […]
Posted on December 3, 2012 | No CommentsThis past Saturday the GVSHP Brokers Partnership presented a film screening of Get Crazy (1983) […]
Posted on October 18, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope that you can join us for our upcoming event Reel Rockers: Come ‘Get […]
Posted on March 8, 2012 | 3 CommentsForty-four years ago today, music promoter Bill Graham opened the Fillmore East at 105 Second […]
Page 1 of 11