Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- Landmarks50: 295 East 8th Street: Now home to seven apartments, 295 East 8th Street a.k.a. 127 Avenue B, opened in...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on September 11, 2015 | No CommentsRenowned musician Andy Statman and the Andy Statman Trio will perform in the main sanctuary […]
Posted on January 23, 2015 | No CommentsThere are some that mark the beginning Greenwich Village’s involvement with the revival of American […]
Posted on December 19, 2014 | No Comments(This post is part of a series called Village People: A Who’s Who of Greenwich […]
Posted on January 28, 2014 | 1 Comment“The artists.” Without a doubt, that response is the one I hear most often when […]
Posted on April 23, 2013 | No CommentsRichie Havens, the iconic singer and guitarist, passed away yesterday at the age of 72. […]
Posted on December 6, 2012 | No CommentsLouisiana’s notorious Angola State Prison. Folk singer Pete Seeger. The Dry Dock District in Alphabet […]
Posted on August 12, 2011 | 6 CommentsForty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials […]
Posted on May 24, 2011 | 1 CommentOn May 24, 1941 a baby named Robert Allen Zimmerman was born in Duluth, Minnesota. […]
Page 1 of 11