Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- See You on the Dark Side of the Village!: Forty-three years ago this month, Pink Floyd released Dark Side of the Moon; the album...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on May 22, 2012 | No CommentsWe’re thrilled to announce that last week the Landmarks Preservation Commission unanimously voted to confer […]
Posted on February 8, 2012 | 5 CommentsPigeons shake their wings on the copper church roof out my window across the […]
Posted on February 3, 2012 | 1 CommentBetween the 2nd and 3rd stories of this handsome building at 310-312 East 11th, between […]
Posted on September 20, 2011 | 7 CommentsLast week we talked about the history of the building at 48 3rd Avenue and […]
Page 1 of 11