Tag: Gansevoort Farmer’s Market

Gansevoort Market – Open for Business in 1884

Gansevoort Market, a giant, open-air farmer’s market located on the enormous block between Gansevoort and Little West 12th streets, Washington and West Streets, officially opened for business on June 15, 1884.  This was the former site of Fort Gansevoort, and

The End of the West Washington Market

On this day in 1954, the West Washington Market, which stood on the west side of West Street at Gansevoort Street for sixty-seven years, was demolished, ending its tenure as the City’s meat, poultry and dairy market center.  The Gansevoort

Top