Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- See You on the Dark Side of the Village!: Forty-three years ago this month, Pink Floyd released Dark Side of the Moon; the album...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Gansevoort Market Historic District
Posted on July 2, 2015 | 1 CommentMany people know the restaurant Bagatelle located at 1 Little West 12th Street for their lavish brunch […]
Posted on July 17, 2014 | 1 CommentHere’s an unassuming building with some interesting connections to one of our country’s premiere […]
Posted on February 19, 2014 | 1 CommentWe’d like to share GVSHP staffer Amanda Davis’ “Then & Now” post about a delightful […]
Posted on September 16, 2013 | No CommentsNear the southern end of the High Line, the Meatpacking District bustles with designer clothing […]
Posted on May 22, 2013 | No CommentsSince the first public market opened in the area in 1884, Gansevoort Market — or […]
Posted on January 17, 2013 | 8 CommentsThe High Line has become one of Manhattan’s most popular attractions, offering a unique opportunity […]
Posted on January 3, 2013 | No CommentsThe Meatpacking District—or to preservationists the Gansevoort Market Historic District—was the scene of many a […]
Posted on September 7, 2012 | No CommentsThis coming Sunday will mark the ninth anniversary of the designation of the Gansevoort Market […]
Page 1 of 11