Browse By Neighborhood
- More Evidence of Historic Cemetery Under Endangered Church: Just prior to yesterday's rally and press conference to save historic Mary Help of Christians Church from demolition (see press release
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for surprises. Though small in scale a
From the ‘Off the Grid’ Archives
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Bowery Boys
- Untapped New York
Posted on January 3, 2013 | No CommentsThe Meatpacking District—or to preservationists the Gansevoort Market Historic District—was the scene of many a...
Posted on September 17, 2012 | No CommentsPart of GVSHP’s work with the community is our Preservation Watch program —a way to...
Posted on September 7, 2012 | No CommentsThis coming Sunday will mark the ninth anniversary of the designation of the Gansevoort Market...
Posted on June 14, 2012 | 1 CommentOn June 14, 1884 – or 128 years ago today – a municipally-sanctioned public market...
Posted on August 8, 2011 | No CommentsThough the character of Gansevoort Market has certainly undergone many changes over years, there are...
Posted on May 11, 2011 | 1 CommentLast night, Community Board 2′s Traffic & Transportation Committee reviewed proposed revised design elements and...
Posted on May 10, 2011 | 1 CommentDid you know that the iconic department store Macy’s actually started out right here in...
Posted on April 12, 2011 | No CommentsAs promised in today’s earlier post, we have photos of the revised designs for 837...
Posted on April 12, 2011 | 1 CommentA revised iteration of the proposal to build a towering addition atop the 1938 Moderne-style...
Posted on March 14, 2011 | 2 CommentsEach week we spend a great deal of time tracking applications coming before the Landmarks...
Page 1 of 11