Browse By Neighborhood
- Is Gay Street Really ‘gay’?: It's one of the quaintest and most intriguing streets in the West Village. It's located just a block from the Stonewall Inn, the birth
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for surprises. Though small in scale a
From the ‘Off the Grid’ Archives
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Bowery Boys
- Untapped New York
Posted on April 3, 2013 | 2 CommentsGVSHP is proud to be working with PFLAG (Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and...
Posted on January 11, 2013 | 3 CommentsThis Tuesday, Jeanne Manford died at the age of 92. Sometimes referred to as the...
Posted on October 16, 2012 | No CommentsToday is the one hundred and fifty-eighth birthday of the Irish writer Oscar Fingal O’Flahertie...
Posted on October 10, 2012 | No CommentsIt’s one of the quaintest and most intriguing streets in the West Village. It’s located...
Posted on August 22, 2012 | No CommentsPRESS RELEASE For Immediate Release August 22nd, 2012 EARLY GAY RIGHTS LANDMARK FACES DEMOLITION BUT...
Posted on December 2, 2011 | 2 CommentsForty years ago this Sunday, on December 4th, 1971, John Stanley Wojtowicz married Ernest Aron in...
Posted on October 10, 2011 | 1 CommentColumbus Day has traditionally served as an opportunity to honor the contributions of Italian-Americans to...
Posted on June 28, 2011 | 1 CommentToday marks the anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising, a series of riotous protests at the...
Page 1 of 11