Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- 57 Sullivan Street — A Landmark Designation Long Overdue: As one of the oldest surviving houses in Manhattan, 57 Sullivan Street has born witness...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Gay pride march
Posted on January 8, 2015 | 1 CommentChristopher Street is the place most of us look to when it comes to LGBTQ […]
Posted on November 12, 2014 | No CommentsTonight at the Hudson Park Library at 6:30pm, lesbian activist, independent journalist and East Village […]
Posted on January 11, 2013 | 4 CommentsThis Tuesday, Jeanne Manford died at the age of 92. Sometimes referred to as the […]
Page 1 of 11