Browse By Neighborhood
- Is Gay Street Really ‘gay’?: It's one of the quaintest and most intriguing streets in the West Village. It's located just a block from the Stonewall Inn, the birth
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for surprises. Though small in scale a
From the ‘Off the Grid’ Archives
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Bowery Boys
- Untapped New York
Posted on May 15, 2013 | No CommentsYesterday, the Landmarks Preservation Commission approved an application for establishing a Master Plan at the...
Posted on April 22, 2013 | 2 CommentsIt’s disappointing but hardly surprising — NYU destroying a small but important piece of the...
Posted on March 20, 2013 | 2 CommentsWe recently highlighted the marvelous illustration work of James Gulliver Hancock as he continues in...
Posted on January 4, 2013 | 2 CommentsOver the summer we told you about the 1959 Greenwich Village Guide book published under...
Posted on February 13, 2012 | 1 CommentStanding where Broadway begins its curve to the west at 10th Street, the landmarked Grace...
Posted on May 21, 2011 | No CommentsThis weekend, our friends over at the New York Landmarks Conservancy are hosting a state-wide,...
Posted on March 7, 2011 | 4 CommentsToday is a day of highs and lows in the preservation world. As we chronicle the...
Page 1 of 11