Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- Landmarks50: 295 East 8th Street: Now home to seven apartments, 295 East 8th Street a.k.a. 127 Avenue B, opened in...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Greenwich Village Historic District
Posted on August 4, 2015 | No CommentsAaron Hill, a dedicated Greenwich Village resident and New School Assistant Professor of Data Visualization, […]
Posted on July 10, 2015 | 1 CommentStonewall was designated an individual landmark on June 30, 2015. Since then, people have asked […]
Posted on July 8, 2015 | No CommentsLong-time Off the Grid readers will remember the stir that was caused last summer when […]
Posted on April 24, 2015 | No CommentsThe organic food movement is no longer just a trend, but a necessity for many […]
Posted on April 20, 2015 | No CommentsWe’re just under two weeks away from our annual house tour. We hope you’ll be […]
Posted on April 15, 2015 | 2 CommentsTax Day may not be our favorite day of the year. But it bears an […]
Posted on April 6, 2015 | No CommentsWe’re excited to announce that individual tickets for our 17th annual house tour are now […]
Posted on March 26, 2015 | 1 CommentIt seems like there are countless mentions on the Internet of the apartment building in […]
Posted on March 20, 2015 | 2 CommentsHappy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most […]
Posted on February 13, 2015 | No CommentsValentine’s Day is almost here with almost no time left to waste! Due to the […]