Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- King’s Assassination Began Fifteen Year Quest for a National Holiday: Forty-five years ago today, Martin Luther King Jr. was shot as he stood on the...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Greenwich Village Historic District
Posted on April 24, 2015 | No CommentsThe organic food movement is no longer just a trend, but a necessity for many […]
Posted on April 20, 2015 | No CommentsWe’re just under two weeks away from our annual house tour. We hope you’ll be […]
Posted on April 15, 2015 | 1 CommentTax Day may not be our favorite day of the year. But it bears an […]
Posted on April 6, 2015 | No CommentsWe’re excited to announce that individual tickets for our 17th annual house tour are now […]
Posted on March 26, 2015 | 1 CommentIt seems like there are countless mentions on the Internet of the apartment building in […]
Posted on March 20, 2015 | 2 CommentsHappy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most […]
Posted on February 13, 2015 | No CommentsValentine’s Day is almost here with almost no time left to waste! Due to the […]
Posted on February 5, 2015 | No CommentsIn celebration of Black History Month, the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation will host […]
Posted on January 20, 2015 | No CommentsOn April 19, 1965 that the New York City Landmarks Law went into effect. GVSHP […]
Posted on December 26, 2014 | No CommentsAs a student of architectural history at NYU and having lived in New York for […]