Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- See You on the Dark Side of the Village!: Forty-three years ago this month, Pink Floyd released Dark Side of the Moon; the album...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Greenwich Village Historic District
Posted on June 8, 2016 | 1 CommentWhen we think of a typical historic neighborhood, what do we picture? Brick or stone […]
Posted on June 7, 2016 | 1 CommentGreenwich Village has been a hot-bed for creative theatrical minds since at least the beginnings […]
Posted on April 29, 2016 | No CommentsNote: This is an updated version of a post originally written by Drew Durniak Map […]
Posted on January 27, 2016 | No CommentsToday marks the two year passing of folk music legend Pete Seeger. Seeger was an […]
Posted on August 4, 2015 | No CommentsAaron Hill, a dedicated Greenwich Village resident and New School Assistant Professor of Data Visualization, […]
Posted on July 10, 2015 | 3 CommentsStonewall was designated an individual landmark on June 30, 2015. Since then, people have asked […]
Posted on July 8, 2015 | No CommentsLong-time Off the Grid readers will remember the stir that was caused last summer when […]
Posted on April 24, 2015 | No CommentsThe organic food movement is no longer just a trend, but a necessity for many […]
Posted on April 20, 2015 | No CommentsWe’re just under two weeks away from our annual house tour. We hope you’ll be […]
Posted on April 15, 2015 | 2 CommentsTax Day may not be our favorite day of the year. But it bears an […]