Browse By Neighborhood
- Business of the Month: East Village Cheese: Your input is needed! Today we feature our fourth “Business of the Month” — and we...
- ‘Kate Spade House’ Wasn’t Always “Charming & Chic”: Over the past couple weeks, blogs have been buzzing with news and photos of 215...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Greenwich Village Historic District
Posted on February 13, 2015 | No CommentsValentine’s Day is almost here with almost no time left to waste! Due to the […]
Posted on February 5, 2015 | No CommentsIn celebration of Black History Month, the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation will host […]
Posted on January 20, 2015 | No CommentsOn April 19, 1965 that the New York City Landmarks Law went into effect. GVSHP […]
Posted on December 26, 2014 | No CommentsAs a student of architectural history at NYU and having lived in New York for […]
Posted on December 16, 2014 | No CommentsMuch of the Village Voice from the 1950s to the mid-2000s is available to view […]
Posted on December 8, 2014 | No CommentsThough a rare surviving architectural element today, the tearoom (also known as a back porch […]
Posted on November 26, 2014 | No CommentsIn the spirit of Thanksgiving, we thought that we should share a brief history of […]
Posted on November 10, 2014 | 1 CommentBy now, many of you have heard about the controversy over the little house at […]
Posted on November 4, 2014 | No CommentsAfter a nearly half-century wait, last week the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission finally […]
Posted on October 29, 2014 | No CommentsEarlier this month the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) approved a revised design for a new […]