Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- Business of the Month: St. Mark’s Bookshop, 136 East 3rd Street: Your input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Greenwich Village Preservation Archive and Oral History Project
Posted on October 7, 2015 | No CommentsToday marks the 11th year and anniversary of the Art in Odd Places (AiOP) festival. […]
Posted on August 7, 2015 | No CommentsForty-eight years ago today, on August 7th, 1967, the J.M. Kaplan Fund and the newly-constituted […]
Posted on June 15, 2015 | No CommentsShirley Hayes is a pioneering figure in the preservation of the Village and the fight […]
Posted on May 19, 2014 | No CommentsThis past fall, GVSHP launched a new oral history project. This ongoing project was developed […]
Posted on February 19, 2013 | No CommentsThe Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation’s Preservation Archive and Oral History Project was begun […]
Posted on December 13, 2012 | No CommentsThis image from the GVSHP Archive features an idyllic view of people gathering on the […]
Page 1 of 11