Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 23, 2017 | No CommentsThis Saturday and Sunday, expert tour guide Joyce Gold will lead tours celebrating the radical, […]
Posted on March 13, 2017 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on January 25, 2017 | No CommentsIt was 100 years ago on January 23rd that a group of Village bohemians – […]
Posted on January 19, 2017 | No CommentsUncertain times bring a certain amount of anxiety. Concern about the future of our basic […]
Posted on January 10, 2017 | 1 CommentIt seems that President-elect Donald Trump is having a difficult time filling the roster for […]
Posted on December 8, 2016 | No CommentsOne of my favorite two-block sections in Greenwich Village may be an unlikely one – […]
Posted on October 21, 2016 | 2 CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on September 12, 2016 | No CommentsWhere can you enjoy the best of Greenwich Village bars, restaurants, and shops, all in […]
Posted on September 7, 2016 | No CommentsOn this day in 1885, poet and novelist Elinor Wylie was born. Wylie’s writings were […]
Posted on September 1, 2016 | 1 CommentWaverly Place and Mercer Street is just east of Washington Square Park. This unique part […]