Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Veselka Then and Now: Three years ago today, GVSHP conducted an oral history interview with Veselka owner and GVSHP Trustee ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on October 28, 2016 | No CommentsHalloween is right around the corner, so for this installment of Village People, let’s take […]
Posted on August 21, 2015 | No CommentsGreenwich Village has long been associated with the arts and countercultural movements. Former publishing house […]
Posted on March 26, 2015 | 1 CommentIt seems like there are countless mentions on the Internet of the apartment building in […]
Posted on July 11, 2014 | No CommentsThe image above was taken in 1933. It’s a view looking across Seventh Avenue South, […]
Posted on January 22, 2013 | 2 CommentsThe intersecting streets at Sheridan Square and 7th Avenue South are some of the most […]
Posted on October 5, 2011 | 1 CommentThis secluded alley of beautiful pre-Civil War homes made recent real estate headlines when one […]
Page 1 of 11