Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on July 23, 2015 | No CommentsI recently read the novella Washington Square for the first time, eager to see how […]
Posted on June 2, 2015 | No CommentsGVSHP presents free public programs all year long, at various venues throughout the East Village, […]
Posted on September 15, 2014 | 1 CommentCongratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the […]
Posted on December 12, 2013 | No CommentsOn Tuesday evening, GVSHP presented a program with architect, preservationist, and author Françoise Bollack about […]
Posted on January 17, 2013 | 9 CommentsThe High Line has become one of Manhattan’s most popular attractions, offering a unique opportunity […]
Posted on May 23, 2011 | 11 CommentsWe here at GVSHP spend a great deal of time pouring over archival records and […]
Page 1 of 11