Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Tenement House Act of 1901: Tomorrow marks the 115th anniversary of the New York State Legislature's passage of the Tenement House Act of ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on January 14, 2016 | No CommentsForty-seven years ago, on January 14th 1969, the Landmarks Preservation Commission concluded that, “On the […]
Posted on September 9, 2015 | No CommentsOn September 9, 2003, the NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission designated the Gansevoort Market Historic District. […]
Posted on April 16, 2015 | 2 CommentsA lot can happen in 50 years, and many of us are celebrating the 50th […]
Posted on July 24, 2014 | 1 CommentSeven years ago today, on July 24th, 2007, two very lucky federal rowhouse survivors on […]
Posted on April 9, 2014 | 2 CommentsI recently spent my vacation visiting the European cities of Barcelona, Rome, and Trieste. During […]
Posted on January 15, 2014 | 3 CommentsIf you like wandering around the streets of Greenwich Village and admiring the architecture as […]
Posted on November 27, 2013 | 1 CommentAt this time of year, we’re thinking about the many things we’re grateful for, as […]
Posted on October 16, 2013 | No CommentsGVSHP is proud to share it’s new report “Ten Years – A Thousand Buildings – […]
Posted on January 14, 2013 | 2 CommentsToday marks the forty-fourth anniversary of the designation of the St. Mark’s Historic District. Landmarked […]
Posted on January 16, 2012 | No CommentsAs a reminder on Tuesday, January 17, the Landmarks Preservation Commission will have a […]
Page 1 of 11