Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- ‘Zoning for Quality & Affordability': Debunking the Myths and Misinformation: Nearly 30 community boards across the city and the Bronx Borough President have now voted...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on September 9, 2015 | No CommentsOn September 9, 2003, the NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission designated the Gansevoort Market Historic District. […]
Posted on April 16, 2015 | 2 CommentsA lot can happen in 50 years, and many of us are celebrating the 50th […]
Posted on July 24, 2014 | No CommentsSeven years ago today, on July 24th, 2007, two very lucky federal rowhouse survivors on […]
Posted on April 9, 2014 | 1 CommentI recently spent my vacation visiting the European cities of Barcelona, Rome, and Trieste. During […]
Posted on January 15, 2014 | 3 CommentsIf you like wandering around the streets of Greenwich Village and admiring the architecture as […]
Posted on November 27, 2013 | No CommentsAt this time of year, we’re thinking about the many things we’re grateful for, as […]
Posted on October 16, 2013 | No CommentsGVSHP is proud to share it’s new report “Ten Years – A Thousand Buildings – […]
Posted on January 14, 2013 | 1 CommentToday marks the forty-fourth anniversary of the designation of the St. Mark’s Historic District. Landmarked […]
Posted on January 16, 2012 | No CommentsAs a reminder on Tuesday, January 17, the Landmarks Preservation Commission will have a […]
Page 1 of 11