Browse By Neighborhood
- Photos of the Merchant’s House as a Young Museum: Many of you are following the (quite lengthy) story of a new building that has...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- An Illustrated Trip Down Broadway: We recently highlighted the marvelous illustration work of James Gulliver Hancock as he continues in...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 13, 2014 | 2 CommentsFifty years ago, on March 13th, 1964, Kitty Genovese was brutally raped and murdered in […]
Posted on January 27, 2014 | 1 CommentNo, it’s not the name of a law firm. It’s the names of 3 of […]
Posted on November 16, 2012 | No CommentsWhile we’re not yet technically at the ‘silver’ (i.e. 25th) anniversary, this Sunday will mark […]
Posted on July 12, 2012 | No CommentsSt. Anthony of Padua Church has stood on Sullivan Street in the South Village since […]
Posted on April 29, 2011 | 7 CommentsJerry Seinfeld’s birthday is today, Friday, April 29; the Brooklyn-born, Long Island-raised, Queens College-educated comedian […]
Page 1 of 11