Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- ‘Kate Spade House’ Wasn’t Always “Charming & Chic”: Over the past couple weeks, blogs have been buzzing with news and photos of 215...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Hudson River Park
Posted on December 3, 2014 | No CommentsToday you may be shaking your head over the Landmarks Preservation Commission’s shocking plan to […]
Posted on November 17, 2014 | 1 CommentToday we were all hit with the surprise news that a $130 million contribution from […]
Posted on July 15, 2014 | No CommentsOK, let’s face, it, nobody likes to talk about or think about sanitation. Well, I […]
Posted on June 25, 2014 | No CommentsLast night GVSHP presented a program at the Community Room at Westbeth with author Prof. […]
Posted on December 23, 2013 | No CommentsWe at GVSHP want to wish everyone a happy holiday season and best wishes for […]
Posted on November 12, 2013 | No CommentsWe hope you and your neighbors can join us tomorrow evening for an important community […]
Posted on September 11, 2013 | No CommentsFor a few days after the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001, life in Greenwich […]
Posted on July 23, 2013 | No CommentsTalking Point Read the full article here July 18, 2013 BY ANDREW […]
Posted on January 31, 2013 | 4 CommentsTomorrow, February 1, Grand Central Terminal will celebrate its Centennial. A year-long celebration of events […]
Page 1 of 11