Browse By Neighborhood
- A First for Recognizing LGBT History in the South Village: Over the past several weeks, we've been highlighting the recent designation of the South Village...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- No Need for a Mock UN at One East Village Elementary School: School may be out for the summer, but that doesn't mean we can’t take time...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Hudson River Park
Posted on December 23, 2013 | No CommentsWe at GVSHP want to wish everyone a happy holiday season and best wishes for […]
Posted on November 12, 2013 | No CommentsWe hope you and your neighbors can join us tomorrow evening for an important community […]
Posted on September 11, 2013 | No CommentsFor a few days after the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001, life in Greenwich […]
Posted on July 23, 2013 | No CommentsTalking Point Read the full article here July 18, 2013 BY ANDREW […]
Posted on January 31, 2013 | 4 CommentsTomorrow, February 1, Grand Central Terminal will celebrate its Centennial. A year-long celebration of events […]
Page 1 of 11