Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Astor Place Riot: Recently we have been running a series in Off the Grid on the Village as ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on February 6, 2015 | No CommentsYesterday, Off the Grid provided a sneak preview into our upcoming February programs to celebrate […]
Posted on September 15, 2014 | 1 CommentCongratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the […]
Posted on August 14, 2014 | 3 CommentsI think I’m infatuated with Greenwich Village’s Hudson River waterfront. I can’t seem to get […]
Posted on May 27, 2014 | No CommentsLately Pier 40 has been in the news due to the controversial possibility of air […]
Posted on October 25, 2013 | No CommentsOn October 26, 1825, New York Governor DeWitt Clinton began a voyage on the Erie […]
Posted on January 24, 2013 | No CommentsReaders of Off the Grid should be familiar with the many preservation victories Greenwich Village […]
Posted on March 1, 2012 | 1 CommentWe’re coming up on the sixth anniversary of the landmarking of the Keller Hotel at […]
Page 1 of 11