Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- Happy Birthday Oscar Wilde: Today is the one hundred and fifty-eighth birthday of the Irish writer Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Hudson Square Rezoning
Posted on August 12, 2015 | 1 CommentThe hyped musical “Hamilton” opened on Broadway last weekend to rave reviews. The excitement surrounding […]
Posted on September 4, 2013 | No CommentsDo you have childhood memories of your mom sewing your clothes? Or have you ever […]
Posted on April 29, 2013 | 3 CommentsLast November, we showed how — to our amazement — the City’s own “Community Profile” […]
Posted on April 26, 2013 | 2 CommentsOp-Ed from The Villager newspaper, April 25, 2012 http://thevillager.com/2013/04/25/quinn-and-city-cant-omit-3-key-south-village-sites/ Quinn and City Must Not Omit […]
Posted on March 11, 2013 | No CommentsWith the important vote on the Hudson Square rezoning by the City Council’s Zoning Subcommittee […]
Posted on March 7, 2013 | No CommentsWell, we’ve been waiting for years — though certainly not waiting patiently or quietly — […]
Posted on January 25, 2013 | No CommentsOn Wednesday the City Planning Commission voted to approve the proposed Hudson Square Rezoning with […]
Posted on October 5, 2012 | No CommentsMonday, October 8, is Columbus Day, a day of recognition of the arrival of Christopher […]
Page 1 of 11