Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- April 19, 1927: Mae West Sentenced on Morals Charges at Jefferson Market Courthouse: “Miss West, are you trying to show contempt for this court?” “On the contrary, your Honor,” ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 17, 2017 | No CommentsThe following was originally written by Sheryl Woodruff and posted two years ago. It has been […]
Posted on March 17, 2015 | No CommentsThe history of Greenwich Village is a history of immigration. Although the St. Patrick’s Day […]
Posted on January 14, 2015 | No CommentsThis post is the first in a three-part series about holidays held in the Village, […]
Posted on September 16, 2014 | No CommentsNext in the Map It! series is 7th Street Place, aka Leandert’s Place and St. […]
Posted on March 18, 2013 | No CommentsWhile the Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade wound its way up Fifth Avenue this weekend, […]
Page 1 of 11