Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- ‘Zoning for Quality & Affordability': Debunking the Myths and Misinformation: Nearly 30 community boards across the city and the Bronx Borough President have now voted...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
James Renwick Jr
Posted on August 22, 2014 | 2 CommentsThese beautiful late summer days have got us thinking about sun and sky. Which has […]
Posted on August 5, 2014 | No CommentsCompleted in 1853, by architect James Renwick, the St. Denis Hotel stood at the corner […]
Posted on October 30, 2013 | No CommentsIt’s that time of year again. Someone dressed as Minnie Mouse passes you on your […]
Posted on December 10, 2012 | 1 CommentRecently, our friends over at EV Grieve posted a great then-and-now of the southwest corner […]
Posted on March 7, 2011 | 4 CommentsToday is a day of highs and lows in the preservation world. As we chronicle the […]
Page 1 of 11