Browse By Neighborhood
- Places We Love: That Shopable Block, East 9th Street: Today we introduce a new feature, Places We Love, focusing on architectural and cultural favorites...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Fashion in the Park: With Fashion Week ending yesterday, we thought we’d wrap up our week with a look...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Jefferson Market Library
Posted on August 31, 2012 | No CommentsOff the Grid will be going, well, off the grid for the holiday weekend. While […]
Posted on May 9, 2012 | No CommentsRecently, the National Trust for Historic Preservation and American Express announced 40 preservation projects in […]
Posted on April 30, 2012 | No CommentsLast week, the National Trust for Historic Preservation and American Express revealed 40 preservation projects […]
Posted on February 1, 2012 | 2 CommentsTo those who had grown accustomed to keeping time by glancing at the four-faced clock […]
Posted on August 10, 2011 | 1 CommentMarking the 100th anniversary of his birth, today Tablet printed a thoughtful piece on pioneering […]
Page 1 of 11