Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Astor Place Riot: Recently we have been running a series in Off the Grid on the Village as ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Jefferson Market Library
Posted on November 9, 2016 | No CommentsWe here at GVSHP work hard to honor, celebrate, and perhaps most importantly learn from […]
Posted on October 26, 2016 | No CommentsLandmarks for Sale—or the Wrecker’s Ball Following on the heels of great success with his […]
Posted on June 27, 2016 | No CommentsGVSHP holds events with the Jefferson Market Library and the Jefferson Market Garden several times […]
Posted on June 14, 2016 | No CommentsBeside the Jefferson Market Library and behind the wrought iron fence between 6th and Greenwich […]
Posted on April 7, 2015 | No CommentsThe New York City Landmarks Law turns 50 years old this month! In the spirit of […]
Posted on May 19, 2014 | No CommentsThis past fall, GVSHP launched a new oral history project. This ongoing project was developed […]
Posted on April 24, 2014 | 3 CommentsIn this day and age, information about nearly any topic is at our fingertips. A […]
Posted on December 12, 2013 | No CommentsOn Tuesday evening, GVSHP presented a program with architect, preservationist, and author Françoise Bollack about […]
Posted on August 31, 2012 | No CommentsOff the Grid will be going, well, off the grid for the holiday weekend. While […]
Posted on May 9, 2012 | No CommentsRecently, the National Trust for Historic Preservation and American Express announced 40 preservation projects in […]