Browse By Neighborhood
- Is Gay Street Really ‘gay’?: It's one of the quaintest and most intriguing streets in the West Village. It's located just a block from the Stonewall Inn, the birth
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for surprises. Though small in scale a
From the ‘Off the Grid’ Archives
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Bowery Boys
- Untapped New York
Jefferson Market Library
Posted on August 31, 2012 | No CommentsOff the Grid will be going, well, off the grid for the holiday weekend. While...
Posted on May 9, 2012 | No CommentsRecently, the National Trust for Historic Preservation and American Express announced 40 preservation projects in...
Posted on April 30, 2012 | No CommentsLast week, the National Trust for Historic Preservation and American Express revealed 40 preservation projects...
Posted on February 1, 2012 | 2 CommentsTo those who had grown accustomed to keeping time by glancing at the four-faced clock...
Posted on August 10, 2011 | 1 CommentMarking the 100th anniversary of his birth, today Tablet printed a thoughtful piece on pioneering...
Page 1 of 11