Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The First Landmarks Preservation Commission Hearing, September 21, 1965: Fifty-one years ago today, on September 21, 1965, the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) held its ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Judson Memorial Church
Posted on May 14, 2013 | 1 CommentWhile we received some incredibly good news last week about possible future landmarking in the […]
Posted on April 9, 2013 | 4 CommentsLast week the Landmarks Preservation Commission revealed their draft proposed boundaries for Phase II of […]
Posted on March 4, 2013 | No CommentsWith the City’s Council’s vote this week on the Hudson Square rezoning, which will decide […]
Posted on January 4, 2013 | 2 CommentsOver the summer we told you about the 1959 Greenwich Village Guide book published under […]
Posted on June 8, 2011 | 1 CommentReaders who have followed our advocacy work with NYU know that much has recently changed […]
Page 1 of 11