Browse By Neighborhood
- Map It! Minetta Street, Lane, and…Place?: We're gearing up for tomorrow's LPC public meeting in which the commissioners will vote to "calendar" the proposed South Village Hi
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for surprises. Though small in scale a
From the ‘Off the Grid’ Archives
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Bowery Boys
- Untapped New York
Landmarks Applications Webpage
Posted on January 10, 2013 | 1 CommentAre you an owner of a landmarked building or someone that files applications through the...
Posted on December 11, 2012 | No CommentsToday marks the last day in 2012 of public hearings for the Landmarks Preservation Commission...
Posted on November 1, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope you have weathered the hurricane as best as possible. Our office is still...
Posted on September 11, 2012 | No CommentsToday, the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) will be hearing the new building application for 27...
Posted on August 15, 2012 | No CommentsSo, why do we start this blog post with a photo of the Municipal Building...
Posted on July 11, 2012 | No CommentsTomorrow, July 12th, marks a big day for landmark review in the East Village. That’s...
Posted on November 15, 2011 | 2 CommentsBack in August, we wrote about 372 Lafayette Street, the proposed new building designed by...
Posted on August 9, 2011 | 4 CommentsArchitect Morris Adjmi has big plans in store for the corner of Lafayette & Great...
Posted on June 1, 2011 | 3 CommentsLast week, we took readers through the tumultuous history of the MTA’s attempts to design...
Posted on May 18, 2011 | No CommentsNumerous media outlets have reported on the Westchester resident who intentionally drove his van into...