Browse By Neighborhood
- Places We Love: That Shopable Block, East 9th Street: Today we introduce a new feature, Places We Love, focusing on architectural and cultural favorites...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Fashion in the Park: With Fashion Week ending yesterday, we thought we’d wrap up our week with a look...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Landmarks Applications Webpage
Posted on October 16, 2013 | No CommentsGVSHP is proud to share it’s new report “Ten Years – A Thousand Buildings – […]
Posted on July 29, 2013 | No CommentsAs the summer rolls on, we thought we’d take the time to do a little […]
Posted on July 8, 2013 | No CommentsIt may be the dog days of summer, but tomorrow the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) […]
Posted on January 10, 2013 | 1 CommentAre you an owner of a landmarked building or someone that files applications through the […]
Posted on December 11, 2012 | No CommentsToday marks the last day in 2012 of public hearings for the Landmarks Preservation Commission […]
Posted on November 1, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope you have weathered the hurricane as best as possible. Our office is still […]
Posted on September 11, 2012 | No CommentsToday, the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) will be hearing the new building application for 27 […]
Posted on August 15, 2012 | No CommentsSo, why do we start this blog post with a photo of the Municipal Building […]
Posted on July 11, 2012 | No CommentsTomorrow, July 12th, marks a big day for landmark review in the East Village. That’s […]
Posted on November 15, 2011 | 2 CommentsBack in August, we wrote about 372 Lafayette Street, the proposed new building designed by […]