Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- When was my building built? and other tricky research questions: The New York Public Library, whose digital gallery we here at GVSHP turn to quite...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Landmarks Preservation Commission
Posted on September 2, 2015 | No CommentsNext Wednesday, September 9th, a City Council hearing will be held on a bill that […]
Posted on August 20, 2015 | No CommentsLast night GVSHP held a public program co-sponsored by The Merchants House Museum; The Merchant’s House Museum – […]
Posted on August 13, 2015 | No CommentsHere at Off the Grid we are primarily concerned with Greenwich Village, the East Village, […]
Posted on August 3, 2015 | No CommentsIf you have ever noticed the beautiful row houses along MacDougal Street and Sullivan Street […]
Posted on April 15, 2015 | 2 CommentsTax Day may not be our favorite day of the year. But it bears an […]
Posted on March 20, 2015 | 2 CommentsHappy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most […]
Posted on March 9, 2015 | No CommentsFirst off, this is our 1,100th blog post! Be sure to click on the blue […]
Posted on March 5, 2015 | 1 CommentIf you love walking our Village streets, chances are you’ve come across the neglected little […]
Posted on February 5, 2015 | No CommentsIn celebration of Black History Month, the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation will host […]
Posted on December 26, 2014 | No CommentsAs a student of architectural history at NYU and having lived in New York for […]