Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- King’s Assassination Began Fifteen Year Quest for a National Holiday: Forty-five years ago today, Martin Luther King Jr. was shot as he stood on the...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Landmarks Preservation Commission
Posted on April 15, 2015 | 1 CommentTax Day may not be our favorite day of the year. But it bears an […]
Posted on March 20, 2015 | 2 CommentsHappy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most […]
Posted on March 9, 2015 | No CommentsFirst off, this is our 1,100th blog post! Be sure to click on the blue […]
Posted on March 5, 2015 | 1 CommentIf you love walking our Village streets, chances are you’ve come across the neglected little […]
Posted on February 5, 2015 | No CommentsIn celebration of Black History Month, the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation will host […]
Posted on December 26, 2014 | No CommentsAs a student of architectural history at NYU and having lived in New York for […]
Posted on November 10, 2014 | 2 CommentsBy now, many of you have heard about the controversy over the little house at […]
Posted on November 4, 2014 | No CommentsAfter a nearly half-century wait, last week the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission finally […]
Posted on October 29, 2014 | No CommentsEarlier this month the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) approved a revised design for a new […]
Posted on October 9, 2014 | No CommentsAs you may have heard, we have a big anniversary coming up! And not one […]