Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The House of Death: 14 West 10th Street is a Greek Revival house near Washington Square Park with a ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Landmarks Preservation Commission
Posted on October 5, 2016 | No Comments11th Street between 3rd and 4th Avenues is a pretty short block. But there is […]
Posted on August 2, 2016 | No CommentsGreenwich Village is not the only part of the City which defies the New York […]
Posted on May 10, 2016 | No CommentsNote: This is an updated version of a post originally by Karen Loew The New York […]
Posted on April 29, 2016 | No CommentsNote: This is an updated version of a post originally written by Drew Durniak Map […]
Posted on April 19, 2016 | No CommentsFifty-one years ago today, on April 19, 1965, the New York City landmarks law went […]
Posted on February 24, 2016 | 1 CommentEver wonder what is going on with the construction of the landmarked building next door, […]
Posted on January 6, 2016 | 1 CommentGVSHP Board of Advisors member Carol Greitzer was very active in the early preservation movement […]
Posted on October 16, 2015 | 1 CommentYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on September 2, 2015 | No CommentsNext Wednesday, September 9th, a City Council hearing will be held on a bill that […]
Posted on August 20, 2015 | No CommentsLast night GVSHP held a public program co-sponsored by The Merchants House Museum; The Merchant’s House Museum – […]