Browse By Neighborhood
- Photos of the Merchant’s House as a Young Museum: Many of you are following the (quite lengthy) story of a new building that has...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- An Illustrated Trip Down Broadway: We recently highlighted the marvelous illustration work of James Gulliver Hancock as he continues in...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Landmarks Preservation Commission
Posted on April 18, 2014 | No CommentsApril 18 and 19 mark two incredibly important Far West Village preservation anniversaries — each […]
Posted on March 26, 2014 | No CommentsAt 293 and 297 West 4th Street, between Bank and West 11th Streets in the […]
Posted on March 6, 2014 | No CommentsWhen the building at 150 Barrow Street, known as the Keller Hotel building, was landmarked […]
Posted on March 3, 2014 | 1 CommentThe New York Marble Cemetery and the New York City Marble Cemetery (yes, it’s confusing) […]
Posted on February 12, 2014 | 4 CommentsMany of you are following the (quite lengthy) story of a new building that has […]
Posted on February 5, 2014 | 1 CommentThe structure that architectural historian Francis Morrone calls “one of the most important buildings in […]
Posted on December 17, 2013 | No CommentsWe’re excited to share that the NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) voted today to landmark […]
Posted on November 15, 2013 | No CommentsLast night, GVSHP and our co-sponsor, New York Preservation Archive Project, hosted a panel discussion […]
Posted on November 13, 2013 | 1 CommentYesterday the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) approved an application for a new storefront at 259-263 […]
Posted on November 6, 2013 | No CommentsNew Yorkers have elected a new mayor, but it’s important to note that any mayor […]