Browse By Neighborhood
- Memphis on the Hudson: We look at historic buildings and documents a lot here on Off the Grid. Many...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Happy Birthday Electric Lady Studios…: ...what a long, strange trip it's been. Forty-three years ago today, on August 26th, 1970, an...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Landmarks Preservation Commission
Posted on July 1, 2014 | No CommentsDo you know what a lot line window is? Could you identify them in the […]
Posted on June 16, 2014 | No CommentsEvery so often we get a call or an email here at GVSHP asking about […]
Posted on May 30, 2014 | No CommentsIt’s not that often that we here at Off the Grid report on happenings on […]
Posted on May 28, 2014 | No CommentsIn continuation of our Landmarking 101 series, today we’re focusing on active violations on a […]
Posted on May 20, 2014 | 1 CommentLast week we shared one tip on how to find out if your building is […]
Posted on May 15, 2014 | No CommentsOne of the questions we’re asked every so often here at GVSHP is whether or […]
Posted on May 1, 2014 | No CommentsWelcome to the inaugural post in our Throwback Thursday series where we will share some […]
Posted on April 29, 2014 | No CommentsForty-five years ago today, mayor John Lindsay was still smarting from the botched cleanup of […]
Posted on April 18, 2014 | No CommentsApril 18 and 19 mark two incredibly important Far West Village preservation anniversaries — each […]
Posted on March 26, 2014 | No CommentsAt 293 and 297 West 4th Street, between Bank and West 11th Streets in the […]