Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- Business of the Month: St. Mark’s Bookshop, 136 East 3rd Street: Your input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on December 22, 2015 | No CommentsDuring the holiday season we reflect back on the past year. Here at GVSHP we’ve […]
Posted on July 10, 2015 | 3 CommentsStonewall was designated an individual landmark on June 30, 2015. Since then, people have asked […]
Posted on June 29, 2015 | No CommentsFollowing on some groundbreaking events last week – the LPC designation of the Stonewall Inn […]
Posted on June 5, 2015 | 1 CommentOff the Grid is highlighting the winners of the 2015 Village Awards in the lead […]
Posted on June 4, 2015 | No CommentsThis year’s Gay Pride Month certainly got off to an auspicious start with the New […]
Posted on April 29, 2015 | No CommentsNineteen years ago today, Playwright Jonathan Larson’s Tony Award and Pulitzer Prize winning musical “Rent” […]
Posted on April 17, 2015 | No CommentsFor weeks now we’ve all been celebrating the 50th anniversary of the signing of New […]
Posted on January 27, 2015 | No Comments(This post is the first of a series called Village People: A Who’s Who of […]
Posted on January 21, 2015 | No Comments(This post is part of a series called Village People: A Who’s Who of Greenwich […]
Posted on January 8, 2015 | 1 CommentChristopher Street is the place most of us look to when it comes to LGBTQ […]