Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- When was my building built? and other tricky research questions: The New York Public Library, whose digital gallery we here at GVSHP turn to quite...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on September 18, 2015 | No CommentsAs part of NYCLandmarks50, the celebration of this year’s 50th Anniversary of the NYC Landmarks Law, we […]
Posted on July 10, 2015 | 1 CommentStonewall was designated an individual landmark on June 30, 2015. Since then, people have asked […]
Posted on June 24, 2014 | No CommentsThey’re next door neighbors, but they could not be more different. One is high-rise and […]
Posted on November 8, 2013 | No CommentsThe United States Senate’s historic passage yesterday of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA), banning workplace […]
Posted on September 9, 2013 | 1 CommentTen years ago today, the Gansevoort Market Historic District was officially designated by the New […]
Posted on June 21, 2013 | No CommentsWe’re gearing up for the Landmarks Preservation (LPC) hearing about “Phase II” of the proposed […]
Posted on June 19, 2013 | 6 CommentsThe Landmarks Preservation Commission has recently begun creating on-line slide shows to showcase various history […]
Posted on April 26, 2013 | 2 CommentsOp-Ed from The Villager newspaper, April 25, 2012 http://thevillager.com/2013/04/25/quinn-and-city-cant-omit-3-key-south-village-sites/ Quinn and City Must Not Omit […]
Posted on April 12, 2013 | 2 CommentsEarlier in the week we looked at what sites the Landmarks Preservation Commission excluded from […]
Posted on April 9, 2013 | 4 CommentsLast week the Landmarks Preservation Commission revealed their draft proposed boundaries for Phase II of […]