Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on January 11, 2017 | No CommentsGVSHP’s recently published Greenwich Village Historic District New Buildings Report for the first time catalogues every new […]
Posted on September 28, 2016 | No CommentsThis Saturday marks a bittersweet anniversary for us at GVSHP. On that day in 2010, […]
Posted on September 21, 2016 | No CommentsFifty-one years ago today, on September 21, 1965, the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) held its […]
Posted on August 10, 2016 | No CommentsAs both we and the media have recently reported, two months ago GVSHP requested the […]
Posted on July 25, 2016 | No CommentsLast Tuesday the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) handed preservationists what may seem like a small victory, […]
Posted on April 7, 2016 | 1 CommentThe Landmarks Preservation Commission recently released a new interactive map. The map shows all exterior, interior, […]
Posted on March 22, 2016 | No CommentsThis has to be the most frequently asked question that we get regarding landmarked properties. […]
Posted on February 26, 2016 | 1 CommentGVSHP is excited to share our oral history collection with the public, and hope they will […]
Posted on January 19, 2016 | No CommentsAs reported by our allies the Friends of the Upper East Side Historic Districts, the New […]
Posted on September 18, 2015 | 3 CommentsAs part of NYCLandmarks50, the celebration of this year’s 50th Anniversary of the NYC Landmarks Law, we […]