Browse By Neighborhood
- Photos of the Merchant’s House as a Young Museum: Many of you are following the (quite lengthy) story of a new building that has...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- An Illustrated Trip Down Broadway: We recently highlighted the marvelous illustration work of James Gulliver Hancock as he continues in...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 19, 2014 | 1 CommentFor today’s post in our Then & Now series, we thought we’d feature a few […]
Posted on February 19, 2014 | 1 CommentWe’d like to share GVSHP staffer Amanda Davis’ “Then & Now” post about a delightful […]
Posted on September 16, 2013 | No CommentsNear the southern end of the High Line, the Meatpacking District bustles with designer clothing […]
Posted on May 22, 2013 | No CommentsSince the first public market opened in the area in 1884, Gansevoort Market — or […]
Posted on January 29, 2013 | No CommentsOff the Grid has featured many posts about some of the place names within Greenwich […]
Posted on January 17, 2013 | 7 CommentsThe High Line has become one of Manhattan’s most popular attractions, offering a unique opportunity […]
Posted on January 3, 2013 | No CommentsThe Meatpacking District—or to preservationists the Gansevoort Market Historic District—was the scene of many a […]
Posted on September 7, 2012 | No CommentsThis coming Sunday will mark the ninth anniversary of the designation of the Gansevoort Market […]
Posted on June 14, 2012 | 1 CommentOn June 14, 1884 – or 128 years ago today – a municipally-sanctioned public market […]
Posted on May 11, 2011 | 1 CommentLast night, Community Board 2′s Traffic & Transportation Committee reviewed proposed revised design elements and […]
Page 1 of 11