Browse By Neighborhood
- Alexander Hamilton and the Village: The hyped musical “Hamilton” opened on Broadway last weekend to rave reviews. The excitement surrounding...
- Save the Village!: That’s the name of Tim McDarrah’s new walking tours. The tours are based on the...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Celebrating & Remembering Margot Gayle: The New York City Landmarks Law turns 50 years old this month! In the spirit of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on July 6, 2015 | No CommentsAlthough the summer months mean vacation time for some people, here at GVSHP, we don’t […]
Posted on March 19, 2014 | 1 CommentFor today’s post in our Then & Now series, we thought we’d feature a few […]
Posted on February 19, 2014 | 1 CommentWe’d like to share GVSHP staffer Amanda Davis’ “Then & Now” post about a delightful […]
Posted on September 16, 2013 | No CommentsNear the southern end of the High Line, the Meatpacking District bustles with designer clothing […]
Posted on May 22, 2013 | No CommentsSince the first public market opened in the area in 1884, Gansevoort Market — or […]
Posted on January 29, 2013 | No CommentsOff the Grid has featured many posts about some of the place names within Greenwich […]
Posted on January 17, 2013 | 7 CommentsThe High Line has become one of Manhattan’s most popular attractions, offering a unique opportunity […]
Posted on January 3, 2013 | No CommentsThe Meatpacking District—or to preservationists the Gansevoort Market Historic District—was the scene of many a […]
Posted on September 7, 2012 | No CommentsThis coming Sunday will mark the ninth anniversary of the designation of the Gansevoort Market […]