Browse By Neighborhood
- A First for Recognizing LGBT History in the South Village: Over the past several weeks, we've been highlighting the recent designation of the South Village...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- No Need for a Mock UN at One East Village Elementary School: School may be out for the summer, but that doesn't mean we can’t take time...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Merchant’s House Museum
Posted on February 12, 2014 | 1 CommentMany of you are following the (quite lengthy) story of a new building that has […]
Posted on October 31, 2013 | No CommentsThe Village does Halloween like no other NYC community, featuring parades, festivals, and plenty of […]
Posted on May 13, 2013 | No CommentsToday, we’d like to extend a “Happy Fifth ‘Landmark’ Birthday” to the NoHo Historic District […]
Posted on March 18, 2013 | No CommentsWhile the Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade wound its way up Fifth Avenue this weekend, […]
Posted on September 11, 2012 | No CommentsToday, the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) will be hearing the new building application for 27 […]
Posted on July 24, 2012 | 1 CommentFor a few months now, many of you have been following the proposal for a […]
Posted on October 12, 2011 | 2 CommentsIn an article from the October issue of O Magazine actress Katie Holmes declares, “I […]
Posted on September 21, 2011 | No CommentsAs our program schedule attests, we here at GVSHP love a good renovation story. So […]
Posted on June 2, 2011 | 17 CommentsCall it whatever you’d like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain, […]
Posted on May 6, 2011 | No CommentsThis week’s Spot the Shot is indeed – congratulations Stephanie! – the Merchant’s House Museum […]
Page 1 of 11