Browse By Neighborhood
- Is Gay Street Really ‘gay’?: It's one of the quaintest and most intriguing streets in the West Village. It's located just a block from the Stonewall Inn, the birth
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for surprises. Though small in scale a
From the ‘Off the Grid’ Archives
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Bowery Boys
- Untapped New York
Merchant’s House Museum
Posted on May 13, 2013 | No CommentsToday, we’d like to extend a “Happy Fifth ‘Landmark’ Birthday” to the NoHo Historic District...
Posted on March 18, 2013 | No CommentsWhile the Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade wound its way up Fifth Avenue this weekend,...
Posted on September 11, 2012 | No CommentsToday, the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) will be hearing the new building application for 27...
Posted on July 24, 2012 | 1 CommentFor a few months now, many of you have been following the proposal for a...
Posted on October 12, 2011 | 1 CommentIn an article from the October issue of O Magazine actress Katie Holmes declares, “I...
Posted on September 21, 2011 | No CommentsAs our program schedule attests, we here at GVSHP love a good renovation story. So...
Posted on June 2, 2011 | 14 CommentsCall it whatever you’d like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
Posted on May 6, 2011 | No CommentsThis week’s Spot the Shot is indeed – congratulations Stephanie! – the Merchant’s House Museum...
Page 1 of 11