Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- Landmarks50: 295 East 8th Street: Now home to seven apartments, 295 East 8th Street a.k.a. 127 Avenue B, opened in...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Merchant’s House Museum
Posted on October 29, 2015 | No CommentsAs Halloween is right around the corner, we here at the Greenwich Village Society for […]
Posted on August 20, 2015 | No CommentsLast night GVSHP held a public program co-sponsored by The Merchants House Museum; The Merchant’s House Museum – […]
Posted on August 18, 2015 | No CommentsOn August 18, 1970, the Landmarks Preservation Commission designated landmark status to the grand Greek […]
Posted on April 16, 2015 | 2 CommentsA lot can happen in 50 years, and many of us are celebrating the 50th […]
Posted on December 9, 2014 | No CommentsDecember is chock full of holidays and no shortage of holiday tree lightings, carol singing […]
Posted on October 14, 2014 | No CommentsLast night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of […]
Posted on February 12, 2014 | 4 CommentsMany of you are following the (quite lengthy) story of a new building that has […]
Posted on October 31, 2013 | No CommentsThe Village does Halloween like no other NYC community, featuring parades, festivals, and plenty of […]
Posted on May 13, 2013 | 1 CommentToday, we’d like to extend a “Happy Fifth ‘Landmark’ Birthday” to the NoHo Historic District […]
Posted on March 18, 2013 | No CommentsWhile the Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade wound its way up Fifth Avenue this weekend, […]