Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- LGBT History: Not Just West Village Bars: Here at GVSHP we are excited about our recently launched Village Civil Rights & Social ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Merchant’s House Museum
Posted on December 22, 2016 | No Comments2016 marked the 80th year in the Merchant’s House Museum’s history. While the museum is […]
Posted on November 4, 2016 | No CommentsGVSHP has now made available on our website a classic preservation and architectural history resource […]
Posted on September 21, 2016 | No CommentsFifty-one years ago today, on September 21, 1965, the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) held its […]
Posted on September 13, 2016 | No CommentsThis year marks the 80th anniversary of the founding of the Merchant’s House Museum. The museum is […]
Posted on May 11, 2016 | 1 CommentEighty years ago today, on May 11, 1936, the old Tredwell house on 4th Street […]
Posted on February 16, 2016 | 1 CommentGVSHP is excited to share our oral history collection with the public, and hope they will […]
Posted on December 18, 2015 | No CommentsAs 2015 comes to a close and 2016 approaches, here is a look back at […]
Posted on December 2, 2015 | No CommentsAll this year we have been celebrating the 50th anniversary of the New York City […]
Posted on October 29, 2015 | No CommentsAs Halloween is right around the corner, we here at the Greenwich Village Society for […]
Posted on August 20, 2015 | No CommentsLast night GVSHP held a public program co-sponsored by The Merchants House Museum; The Merchant’s House Museum – […]