Browse By Neighborhood
- A Tale of Two Tenements: 226 & 228 East 6th Street: This week we thought we'd take another look at sister tenements - designed by the...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Community Cornerstones: The Renee and Chaim Gross Foundation: Tucked away on an unassuming block on LaGuardia Place is the former studio and home...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on January 31, 2014 | No CommentsOver the past several weeks, we’ve been highlighting the recent designation of the South Village […]
Posted on December 19, 2013 | No CommentsOn Tuesday we celebrated the Landmarks Preservation Commission vote to designate the South Village as […]
Posted on May 29, 2013 | No CommentsMills House Number 1 at 160 Bleecker Street (at Thompson Street) in the South Village was […]
Posted on April 12, 2013 | 2 CommentsEarlier in the week we looked at what sites the Landmarks Preservation Commission excluded from […]
Posted on March 27, 2013 | No CommentsLast week we received written confirmation from the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) that they intend […]
Posted on October 29, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope that you are staying safe and dry as Hurricane Sandy batters New York. […]
Posted on October 10, 2011 | 1 CommentColumbus Day has traditionally served as an opportunity to honor the contributions of Italian-Americans to […]
Posted on October 3, 2011 | No CommentsToday, the first Monday in October, is the traditional start of the new United States […]
Posted on June 10, 2011 | 1 CommentOver the many years GVSHP has presented the Village Awards, awardees have often been […]
Page 1 of 11