Browse By Neighborhood
- Photos of the Merchant’s House as a Young Museum: Many of you are following the (quite lengthy) story of a new building that has...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- An Illustrated Trip Down Broadway: We recently highlighted the marvelous illustration work of James Gulliver Hancock as he continues in...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on May 28, 2013 | 8 CommentsLast week, as part of our Map It! series, we featured the long-forgotten Minetta Place, […]
Posted on May 20, 2013 | 4 CommentsWe’re gearing up for tomorrow’s LPC public meeting in which the commissioners will vote to […]
Posted on April 4, 2013 | No CommentsForty-five years ago today, Martin Luther King Jr. was shot as he stood on the […]
Posted on February 25, 2013 | 4 CommentsNeighborhoods like Greenwich Village contain many houses built for merchant families in the 19th century, […]
Posted on July 8, 2011 | No CommentsOn July 9, 1962, Bob Dylan recorded “Blowin’ In the Wind,” a song destined to […]
Page 1 of 11