Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The End of the West Washington Market: On this day in 1954, the West Washington Market, which stood on the west side ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on April 4, 2017 | No CommentsOn this day in 1968, Martin Luther King Jr. was shot as he stood on […]
Posted on May 28, 2013 | 9 CommentsLast week, as part of our Map It! series, we featured the long-forgotten Minetta Place, […]
Posted on May 20, 2013 | 4 CommentsWe’re gearing up for tomorrow’s LPC public meeting in which the commissioners will vote to […]
Posted on April 4, 2013 | 1 CommentForty-five years ago today, Martin Luther King Jr. was shot as he stood on the […]
Posted on February 25, 2013 | 5 CommentsNeighborhoods like Greenwich Village contain many houses built for merchant families in the 19th century, […]
Posted on July 8, 2011 | No CommentsOn July 9, 1962, Bob Dylan recorded “Blowin’ In the Wind,” a song destined to […]
Page 1 of 11