Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- Remembering East Village resident and musician Lead Belly: As regular readers of "Off the Grid" will know, one of many ways GVSHP has...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on September 13, 2011 | No CommentsLast week Off the Grid visited Mulry Square and reported on the status of the […]
Posted on September 8, 2011 | 4 CommentsAs many of you may have seen or heard, the beloved 9/11 Tiles for America […]
Posted on June 1, 2011 | 4 CommentsLast week, we took readers through the tumultuous history of the MTA’s attempts to design […]
Posted on May 25, 2011 | 4 CommentsNext Tuesday, May 31st, the MTA will present its final proposed designs for an emergency […]
Page 1 of 11