Browse By Neighborhood
- Is Gay Street Really ‘gay’?: It's one of the quaintest and most intriguing streets in the West Village. It's located just a block from the Stonewall Inn, the birth
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for surprises. Though small in scale a
From the ‘Off the Grid’ Archives
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Bowery Boys
- Untapped New York
Posted on September 13, 2011 | No CommentsLast week Off the Grid visited Mulry Square and reported on the status of the...
Posted on September 8, 2011 | 4 CommentsAs many of you may have seen or heard, the beloved 9/11 Tiles for America...
Posted on June 1, 2011 | 3 CommentsLast week, we took readers through the tumultuous history of the MTA’s attempts to design...
Posted on May 25, 2011 | 3 CommentsNext Tuesday, May 31st, the MTA will present its final proposed designs for an emergency...
Page 1 of 11