Browse By Neighborhood
- Photos of the Merchant’s House as a Young Museum: Many of you are following the (quite lengthy) story of a new building that has...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- An Illustrated Trip Down Broadway: We recently highlighted the marvelous illustration work of James Gulliver Hancock as he continues in...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on September 13, 2011 | No CommentsLast week Off the Grid visited Mulry Square and reported on the status of the […]
Posted on September 8, 2011 | 4 CommentsAs many of you may have seen or heard, the beloved 9/11 Tiles for America […]
Posted on June 1, 2011 | 3 CommentsLast week, we took readers through the tumultuous history of the MTA’s attempts to design […]
Posted on May 25, 2011 | 3 CommentsNext Tuesday, May 31st, the MTA will present its final proposed designs for an emergency […]
Page 1 of 11