Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- Happy Birthday Marcel Duchamp!: Today marks what would have been Marcel Duchamp’s 128th Birthday. Duchamp was born in France...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Celebrating & Remembering Margot Gayle: The New York City Landmarks Law turns 50 years old this month! In the spirit of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Neighborhood Preservation Center
Posted on October 6, 2014 | No CommentsThis Wednesday, we here at Off the Grid are looking forward to celebrating the 15th […]
Posted on October 7, 2013 | No CommentsOn Wednesday, GVSHP will be celebrating the 14th Birthday of the Neighborhood Preservation Center, the […]
Posted on October 23, 2012 | No CommentsDesignation reports are detailed documents created by New York City’s Landmarks Preservation Commission at the […]
Posted on April 10, 2012 | No CommentsAny restoration of a historic site within our neighborhoods is exciting. But when that project […]
Posted on December 8, 2011 | No CommentsNearly four centuries ago, Dutch Governor Peter Stuyvesant, whose life has been the stuff of […]
Posted on October 14, 2011 | 2 CommentsSince 1999, GVSHP’s office has been housed on the second floor of the Neighborhood Preservation […]
Posted on September 27, 2011 | No CommentsRecent press has spotlighted a lease negotiation between St. Mark’s Bookshop, the independent bookstore on […]
Posted on April 22, 2011 | 3 CommentsPreservation is a very vital component of sustainability, so it is no surprise that GVSHP’s […]
Page 1 of 11