Browse By Neighborhood
- Alexander Hamilton and the Village: The hyped musical “Hamilton” opened on Broadway last weekend to rave reviews. The excitement surrounding...
- When was my building built? and other tricky research questions: The New York Public Library, whose digital gallery we here at GVSHP turn to quite...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Celebrating & Remembering Margot Gayle: The New York City Landmarks Law turns 50 years old this month! In the spirit of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
New York Marble Cemetery
Posted on June 17, 2014 | No CommentsLast evening, as part of GVSHP’s Annual Meeting, we celebrated the best of Greenwich Village, […]
Posted on June 9, 2014 | No CommentsHere’s a neighborhood old-timer for you. The New York Marble Cemetery, which turns 184 years […]
Posted on May 23, 2014 | 2 CommentsIt’s that time of year again! Every June, as part of GVSHP’s Annual Meeting, we […]
Posted on March 3, 2014 | 3 CommentsThe New York Marble Cemetery and the New York City Marble Cemetery (yes, it’s confusing) […]
Posted on May 23, 2013 | 9 CommentsJust prior to yesterday’s rally and press conference to save historic Mary Help of Christians […]
Posted on November 1, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope you have weathered the hurricane as best as possible. Our office is still […]
Page 1 of 11