Browse By Neighborhood
- Alexander Hamilton and the Village: The hyped musical “Hamilton” opened on Broadway last weekend to rave reviews. The excitement surrounding...
- When was my building built? and other tricky research questions: The New York Public Library, whose digital gallery we here at GVSHP turn to quite...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Celebrating & Remembering Margot Gayle: The New York City Landmarks Law turns 50 years old this month! In the spirit of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
NoHo Historic District
Posted on May 27, 2015 | No CommentsIn remembering the 150th anniversary of the Lincoln assassination, the Merchant’s House Museum displayed a […]
Posted on May 13, 2014 | No CommentsThis is part of the Looking Up series of posts, which explore the unique architectural […]
Posted on December 16, 2013 | No CommentsHere we are in the midst of the holiday season. The city was blanketed with […]
Posted on December 3, 2013 | 1 CommentToday we thought we’d feature a few designs by the late 19th century architecture firm […]
Posted on November 25, 2013 | No CommentsFor today’s “Building Broadway” offering, I couldn’t help but notice a curious detail as I […]
Posted on October 18, 2013 | No CommentsThe Carl Fischer Music building dominated the skyline of Astor Place and Cooper Square for […]
Posted on September 12, 2013 | No CommentsFor today’s “Building Broadway” post we thought we’d do things a little differently. With Broadway […]
Posted on July 26, 2013 | No CommentsBuilding Broadway is a new series from Off the Grid that highlights the beautiful historic […]
Posted on June 25, 2013 | No CommentsToday, the Landmarks Preservation Commission will be holding a public hearing on the proposed South […]
Posted on June 20, 2013 | No CommentsLately we’ve been receiving emails asking about what’s happening at 688 Broadway in NoHo, which […]