Browse By Neighborhood
- Business of the Month: Sullivan Street Tea & Spice Company: Your input is needed! Today we feature our second “Business of the Month" — the first...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- 1980s Tax Photos: Then & Now: For today's post in our Then & Now series, we thought we'd feature a few...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
NoHo Historic District
Posted on May 13, 2014 | No CommentsThis is part of the Looking Up series of posts, which explore the unique architectural […]
Posted on December 16, 2013 | No CommentsHere we are in the midst of the holiday season. The city was blanketed with […]
Posted on December 3, 2013 | 1 CommentToday we thought we’d feature a few designs by the late 19th century architecture firm […]
Posted on November 25, 2013 | No CommentsFor today’s “Building Broadway” offering, I couldn’t help but notice a curious detail as I […]
Posted on October 18, 2013 | No CommentsThe Carl Fischer Music building dominated the skyline of Astor Place and Cooper Square for […]
Posted on September 12, 2013 | No CommentsFor today’s “Building Broadway” post we thought we’d do things a little differently. With Broadway […]
Posted on July 26, 2013 | No CommentsBuilding Broadway is a new series from Off the Grid that highlights the beautiful historic […]
Posted on June 25, 2013 | No CommentsToday, the Landmarks Preservation Commission will be holding a public hearing on the proposed South […]
Posted on June 20, 2013 | No CommentsLately we’ve been receiving emails asking about what’s happening at 688 Broadway in NoHo, which […]
Posted on March 21, 2013 | 2 CommentsOn the corner of Broadway and Astor Place stands one of my favorite things: the […]