Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Farewell to Al Orensanz, a Lower East Side Cultural Hero: Today GVSHP pays its respects to Al Orensanz, the Director of the Angel Orensanz Foundation ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on July 13, 2015 | No CommentsIt’s summer and the flowers are in bloom! We are so lucky to have so […]
Posted on April 3, 2015 | No CommentsAt last, it appears that spring has finally arrived in New York City, and not […]
Posted on February 13, 2014 | 1 CommentToday, most New Yorkers are trudging through the snow and freezing rain, navigating those slushy […]
Posted on June 7, 2013 | 1 CommentIf you have ever spent time in the area where Bleecker Street meets Sixth Avenue, […]
Posted on February 14, 2013 | 1 CommentLast week the design team behind the AIDS Memorial in St. Vincent’s Park presented some […]
Page 1 of 11