Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Happy Birthday Romana Raffetto- Support Your Local Small Businesses!: Happy Birthday to Romana Raffetto, owner of Raffetto's Pasta located at 144 West Houston Street ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on February 16, 2016 | No CommentsGVSHP is excited to share our oral history collection with the public, and hope they will […]
Posted on January 27, 2016 | No CommentsToday marks the two year passing of folk music legend Pete Seeger. Seeger was an […]
Posted on January 23, 2015 | No CommentsThere are some that mark the beginning Greenwich Village’s involvement with the revival of American […]
Posted on January 22, 2015 | 1 Comment(This post is part of a series called Village People: A Who’s Who of Greenwich […]
Posted on January 6, 2015 | 1 CommentThe exact date is impossible to confirm. But it is widely accepted that Bob Dylan […]
Posted on July 14, 2014 | No CommentsFolk icon Woodrow Wilson “Woody” Guthrie would have turned 102 today. He was born in […]
Posted on February 18, 2014 | No CommentsGVSHP works to preserve the architectural and cultural heritage of Greenwich Village, the East Village, […]
Posted on January 28, 2014 | 1 Comment“The artists.” Without a doubt, that response is the one I hear most often when […]
Posted on December 6, 2012 | No CommentsLouisiana’s notorious Angola State Prison. Folk singer Pete Seeger. The Dry Dock District in Alphabet […]
Posted on October 1, 2012 | No CommentsKenny’s Castaways, the music venue which has been located on Bleecker Street near Thompson […]
Page 1 of 11