Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Remember the Triangle Fire Coalition
Posted on March 9, 2017 | No CommentsMarch is Women’s History Month. With the recent “Day Without Women” activities and our upcoming […]
Posted on March 24, 2014 | No CommentsTomorrow marks the 103rd anniversary of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire, the 1911 disaster that […]
Posted on March 25, 2013 | 1 CommentOne hundred and two years ago today, at approximately 4:40 PM, a fire broke out […]
Posted on March 23, 2012 | No CommentsThis Sunday, March 25, marks the 101st Anniversary of the infamous Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire. […]
Page 1 of 11