Browse By Neighborhood
- Memphis on the Hudson: We look at historic buildings and documents a lot here on Off the Grid. Many...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Happy Birthday Electric Lady Studios…: ...what a long, strange trip it's been. Forty-three years ago today, on August 26th, 1970, an...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on January 8, 2014 | No CommentsIn the Far West Village, along the Greenwich Village waterfront, sits a block of West […]
Posted on October 16, 2013 | No CommentsGVSHP is proud to share it’s new report “Ten Years – A Thousand Buildings – […]
Posted on October 11, 2013 | No CommentsEight years ago today, on October 11, 2005, the Far West Village rezoning plan was […]
Posted on April 29, 2013 | 3 CommentsLast November, we showed how — to our amazement — the City’s own “Community Profile” […]
Posted on March 19, 2013 | No CommentsGVSHP has gotten many inquiries about exactly what the City Council vote last week on […]
Posted on March 4, 2013 | No CommentsWith the City’s Council’s vote this week on the Hudson Square rezoning, which will decide […]
Posted on February 15, 2013 | 1 CommentFrom The Villager Newspaper, February 14, 2013 Op-Ed: Quinn Holds the Cards on Hudson Square […]
Posted on December 18, 2012 | No CommentsWorking in historic preservation you sometimes find yourself dealing with things you never expect. On […]
Posted on March 27, 2012 | No CommentsTrinity Real Estate, the major property owner in the Hudson Square neighborhood, is proposing to […]
Posted on April 20, 2011 | 2 CommentsA few days ago, the venerable Mars bar on the corner of 2nd Avenue and […]
Page 1 of 11