Browse By Neighborhood
- Business of the Month: East Village Cheese: Your input is needed! Today we feature our fourth “Business of the Month” — and we...
- ‘Kate Spade House’ Wasn’t Always “Charming & Chic”: Over the past couple weeks, blogs have been buzzing with news and photos of 215...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Community Board Public Hearing on GVSHP’s University Place/Broadway Corridor Rezoning Proposal Jan. 14Posted on January 9, 2015 | No CommentsCommunity Board #2 will be holding a public hearing next Wednesday, January 14th at 6:30 […]
Posted on January 7, 2015 | No CommentsZONING MATTERS: REZONED WEST VILLAGE DEVELOPMENT SITE WOULD HAVE ALLOWED HUGE TOWER, NOW MARKETED FOR […]
Posted on November 25, 2014 | No CommentsBY ANDREW BERMAN | Imagine a young developer from a big New York real estate […]
Posted on January 8, 2014 | No CommentsIn the Far West Village, along the Greenwich Village waterfront, sits a block of West […]
Posted on October 16, 2013 | No CommentsGVSHP is proud to share it’s new report “Ten Years – A Thousand Buildings – […]
Posted on October 11, 2013 | No CommentsEight years ago today, on October 11, 2005, the Far West Village rezoning plan was […]
Posted on April 29, 2013 | 3 CommentsLast November, we showed how — to our amazement — the City’s own “Community Profile” […]
Posted on March 19, 2013 | No CommentsGVSHP has gotten many inquiries about exactly what the City Council vote last week on […]
Posted on March 4, 2013 | No CommentsWith the City’s Council’s vote this week on the Hudson Square rezoning, which will decide […]
Posted on February 15, 2013 | 1 CommentFrom The Villager Newspaper, February 14, 2013 Op-Ed: Quinn Holds the Cards on Hudson Square […]