Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- Business of the Month: St. Mark’s Bookshop, 136 East 3rd Street: Your input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Why Residents of the University Place/Broadway Corridor and Surrounding Blocks Should Oppose the City’s Rezoning PlansPosted on December 11, 2015 | 2 CommentsThe City’s rezoning proposals ‘Zoning for Quality and Affordability’ (ZQA) and Mandatory Inclusionary Housing (MIH) […]
Posted on March 27, 2015 | No CommentsThe Mayor’s proposed citywide rezoning proposal, ‘Zoning for Quality and Affordability’ will weaken neighborhood zoning […]
Community Board Public Hearing on GVSHP’s University Place/Broadway Corridor Rezoning Proposal Jan. 14Posted on January 9, 2015 | No CommentsCommunity Board #2 will be holding a public hearing next Wednesday, January 14th at 6:30 […]
Posted on January 7, 2015 | No CommentsZONING MATTERS: REZONED WEST VILLAGE DEVELOPMENT SITE WOULD HAVE ALLOWED HUGE TOWER, NOW MARKETED FOR […]
Posted on November 25, 2014 | No CommentsBY ANDREW BERMAN | Imagine a young developer from a big New York real estate […]
Posted on January 8, 2014 | No CommentsIn the Far West Village, along the Greenwich Village waterfront, sits a block of West […]