Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- Landmarks50: 295 East 8th Street: Now home to seven apartments, 295 East 8th Street a.k.a. 127 Avenue B, opened in...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 27, 2015 | No CommentsThe Mayor’s proposed citywide rezoning proposal, ‘Zoning for Quality and Affordability’ will weaken neighborhood zoning […]
Community Board Public Hearing on GVSHP’s University Place/Broadway Corridor Rezoning Proposal Jan. 14Posted on January 9, 2015 | No CommentsCommunity Board #2 will be holding a public hearing next Wednesday, January 14th at 6:30 […]
Posted on January 7, 2015 | No CommentsZONING MATTERS: REZONED WEST VILLAGE DEVELOPMENT SITE WOULD HAVE ALLOWED HUGE TOWER, NOW MARKETED FOR […]
Posted on November 25, 2014 | No CommentsBY ANDREW BERMAN | Imagine a young developer from a big New York real estate […]
Posted on January 8, 2014 | No CommentsIn the Far West Village, along the Greenwich Village waterfront, sits a block of West […]
Posted on October 16, 2013 | No CommentsGVSHP is proud to share it’s new report “Ten Years – A Thousand Buildings – […]
Posted on October 11, 2013 | No CommentsEight years ago today, on October 11, 2005, the Far West Village rezoning plan was […]
Posted on April 29, 2013 | 3 CommentsLast November, we showed how — to our amazement — the City’s own “Community Profile” […]
Posted on March 19, 2013 | No CommentsGVSHP has gotten many inquiries about exactly what the City Council vote last week on […]
Posted on March 4, 2013 | No CommentsWith the City’s Council’s vote this week on the Hudson Square rezoning, which will decide […]