Browse By Neighborhood
- More Evidence of Historic Cemetery Under Endangered Church: Just prior to yesterday's rally and press conference to save historic Mary Help of Christians Church from demolition (see press release
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for surprises. Though small in scale a
From the ‘Off the Grid’ Archives
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Bowery Boys
- Untapped New York
Posted on April 29, 2013 | 3 CommentsLast November, we showed how — to our amazement — the City’s own “Community Profile”...
Posted on March 19, 2013 | No CommentsGVSHP has gotten many inquiries about exactly what the City Council vote last week on...
Posted on March 4, 2013 | No CommentsWith the City’s Council’s vote this week on the Hudson Square rezoning, which will decide...
Posted on February 15, 2013 | 1 CommentFrom The Villager Newspaper, February 14, 2013 Op-Ed: Quinn Holds the Cards on Hudson Square...
Posted on December 18, 2012 | No CommentsWorking in historic preservation you sometimes find yourself dealing with things you never expect. On...
Posted on March 27, 2012 | No CommentsTrinity Real Estate, the major property owner in the Hudson Square neighborhood, is proposing to...
Posted on April 20, 2011 | 2 CommentsA few days ago, the venerable Mars bar on the corner of 2nd Avenue and...
Page 1 of 11