Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 10, 2017 | No CommentsOp-ed by GVSHP Executive Director Andrew Berman in Read it here. To great fanfare, Mayor […]
Posted on October 11, 2016 | No CommentsIn the ten years leading up to 2004, the Far West Village along West Street […]
Posted on April 8, 2016 | 3 CommentsFive years ago this Sunday GVSHP and other community and preservation groups held a Rally to […]
Why Residents of the University Place/Broadway Corridor and Surrounding Blocks Should Oppose the City’s Rezoning PlansPosted on December 11, 2015 | 2 CommentsThe City’s rezoning proposals ‘Zoning for Quality and Affordability’ (ZQA) and Mandatory Inclusionary Housing (MIH) […]
Posted on December 11, 2015 | 1 CommentThe City’s rezoning proposals ‘Zoning for Quality and Affordability’ (ZQA) and Mandatory Inclusionary Housing (MIH) […]
Posted on March 27, 2015 | No CommentsThe Mayor’s proposed citywide rezoning proposal, ‘Zoning for Quality and Affordability’ will weaken neighborhood zoning […]
Community Board Public Hearing on GVSHP’s University Place/Broadway Corridor Rezoning Proposal Jan. 14Posted on January 9, 2015 | 1 CommentCommunity Board #2 will be holding a public hearing next Wednesday, January 14th at 6:30 […]