Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- See You on the Dark Side of the Village!: Forty-three years ago this month, Pink Floyd released Dark Side of the Moon; the album...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on December 30, 2015 | No CommentsThis post is the third of a three-part series called Histories of Fourth Street, from […]
Posted on October 5, 2015 | 1 CommentNew York City is known as one of the art capitals of the world. Art […]
Posted on September 21, 2015 | 1 CommentYesterday, September 20th, was the 49th anniversary of the landmark designation of the Flatiron Building. […]
Posted on January 8, 2015 | 1 CommentChristopher Street is the place most of us look to when it comes to LGBTQ […]
Posted on September 3, 2014 | No CommentsThere are only a few seats left for tomorrow evening’s program with photographer Richard Blair […]
Posted on August 26, 2014 | 1 CommentNext Thursday evening GVSHP will present a program with photographer Richard Blair about his new […]
Posted on January 2, 2014 | 1 CommentHappy New Year! And what better way to kick off a brand new year than […]
Posted on January 22, 2013 | 1 CommentThe intersecting streets at Sheridan Square and 7th Avenue South are some of the most […]
Posted on June 21, 2012 | No CommentsJonathan Kuhn, a long-time Village resident who is also the Director of Art & Antiquities […]
Posted on October 4, 2011 | 3 CommentsOctober has arrived, which means it’s time for another round of the Greenwich Village Follies, […]