Browse By Neighborhood
- Photos of the Merchant’s House as a Young Museum: Many of you are following the (quite lengthy) story of a new building that has...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- An Illustrated Trip Down Broadway: We recently highlighted the marvelous illustration work of James Gulliver Hancock as he continues in...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on January 2, 2014 | 1 CommentHappy New Year! And what better way to kick off a brand new year than […]
Posted on January 22, 2013 | No CommentsThe intersecting streets at Sheridan Square and 7th Avenue South are some of the most […]
Posted on June 21, 2012 | No CommentsJonathan Kuhn, a long-time Village resident who is also the Director of Art & Antiquities […]
Posted on October 4, 2011 | 2 CommentsOctober has arrived, which means it’s time for another round of the Greenwich Village Follies, […]
Posted on August 1, 2011 | 4 CommentsOn this day, August 1, in the year 1864 during the Civil War, General Philip […]
Page 1 of 11