Browse By Neighborhood
- Photos of the Merchant’s House as a Young Museum: Many of you are following the (quite lengthy) story of a new building that has...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- An Illustrated Trip Down Broadway: We recently highlighted the marvelous illustration work of James Gulliver Hancock as he continues in...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on January 21, 2014 | No CommentsHere at GVSHP, we’ve been poring over the new South Village Historic District designation report, […]
Posted on October 17, 2013 | No CommentsForty-six years ago today, October 17, 1965, Pablo Picasso wrote in a letter that he […]
Posted on August 12, 2013 | No CommentsForty-nine years ago today, on August 12, 1964, ground was broken for the construction of […]
Posted on August 7, 2013 | 1 CommentAs seen in: Don’t Believe REBNY’s Hype; Landmarking Can Help Affordability Read the […]
Posted on November 16, 2012 | No CommentsWhile we’re not yet technically at the ‘silver’ (i.e. 25th) anniversary, this Sunday will mark […]
Posted on April 24, 2012 | No CommentsTomorrow morning one of the most important public hearings on NYU’s massive expansion plan will […]
Posted on July 15, 2011 | No CommentsLike all other applications for work on landmarked properties in Greenwich Village, GVSHP has been […]
Page 1 of 11