Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Astor Place Riot: Recently we have been running a series in Off the Grid on the Village as ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on April 17, 2015 | No CommentsFor weeks now we’ve all been celebrating the 50th anniversary of the signing of New […]
Posted on August 27, 2014 | 1 CommentGVSHP has always been concerned about the status of small businesses, whether they be […]
Posted on January 15, 2014 | 3 CommentsIf you like wandering around the streets of Greenwich Village and admiring the architecture as […]
Posted on January 21, 2013 | 4 CommentsOn Friday, EV Grieve broke the news that 9th Street Bakery would be closing after […]
Posted on November 19, 2012 | No CommentsIt’s easy to see much of the damage caused by Hurricane Sandy. But one of […]
Posted on June 22, 2011 | No CommentsWe were – to put it calmly – a tad bothered when we read recently […]
Posted on April 6, 2011 | 4 CommentsWe were extremely saddened to read on EV Grieve this morning that Cornell Edwards, owner […]
Page 1 of 11