Home : Preservation : Off the Grid  /  About

Smith Ely

  • Ten Years as Landmarks for Two Nearly Two Hundred Year Old Houses

    On this day in 2007, two historic federal style row houses at 486 and 488 Greenwich Street (between Spring and Canal Streets) built in 1823 by the Rohr family were designated landmarks by the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission.  These two houses were among […]

    Full Story

  • Walking East 7th Street: Decatur Place to Kleindeutschland

    Walking East 7th Street is a collaboration between GVSHP and the students in NYU’s Fall 2011 Intro to Public History course. Each pair of students was tasked with researching the cultural history of one particular block of East 7th Street and sharing with us something […]

    Full Story

Page 1 of 11