Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The End of the West Washington Market: On this day in 1954, the West Washington Market, which stood on the west side ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on April 12, 2017 | No CommentsThis was originally posted by Amanda Davis, GVSHP’s former Director of Preservation & Research. It […]
Posted on April 11, 2017 | No CommentsHe blew into town on a cold December day in 1960, slammed the door of […]
Posted on January 17, 2017 | No CommentsBy now the challenges facing small independent local shops are well known. The good news […]
Posted on January 9, 2017 | No CommentsHere at GVSHP we are excited about our recently launched Village Civil Rights & Social […]
Posted on December 12, 2016 | 2 CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on December 7, 2016 | No CommentsAs mentioned in the GVSHP testimony at the designation hearing for the Sullivan-Thompson historic district, […]
Posted on December 2, 2016 | 1 CommentBob Dylan in Sheridan Square The South Village has many reasons to be celebrated these […]
Posted on November 30, 2016 | 1 CommentNeighbors, elected officials and fellow preservation groups turned out in droves yesterday at LPC with […]