Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Astor Place Riot: Recently we have been running a series in Off the Grid on the Village as ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on December 2, 2016 | No CommentsBob Dylan in Sheridan Square The South Village has many reasons to be celebrated these […]
Posted on November 30, 2016 | No CommentsNeighbors, elected officials and fellow preservation groups turned out in droves yesterday at LPC with […]
Posted on November 1, 2016 | No CommentsThe newly calendared Sullivan-Thompson Historic District contains some of the oldest and most historically significant buildings […]
Posted on October 25, 2016 | No CommentsThe following was originally posted by Drew Durniak. It showcases one of the South Village’s […]
Posted on October 24, 2016 | No CommentsLast week, news broke that the City will be moving ahead with the final phase […]
Posted on October 20, 2016 | 1 CommentTwo and a half years after the designation of the South Village Historic District, […]
Posted on September 27, 2016 | No CommentsA stroll through the Village on a crisp autumn day offers so many alluring bakeries […]
Posted on September 22, 2016 | No Comments“I’d read about the Village, how Bohemian it was, and after getting thrown out of […]
Posted on August 29, 2016 | No CommentsHappy Birthday to Romana Raffetto, owner of Raffetto’s Pasta located at 144 West Houston Street. […]
Posted on August 19, 2016 | No CommentsBelieve it or not, the Soho Playhouse is actually within the Charlton-King-Vandam Historic District, which […]