Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- Landmarks50: 295 East 8th Street: Now home to seven apartments, 295 East 8th Street a.k.a. 127 Avenue B, opened in...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on November 10, 2015 | No CommentsTwelve years ago tomorrow, GVSHP began an initiative to secure historic district designation for the […]
Posted on November 5, 2015 | No CommentsOn Monday, the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation hosted a program on the oral […]
Posted on October 8, 2015 | 1 CommentEight years ago today, on October 8, 2007, GVSHP published the report, “The Italians of […]
Posted on August 12, 2015 | 1 CommentThe hyped musical “Hamilton” opened on Broadway last weekend to rave reviews. The excitement surrounding […]
Posted on July 28, 2015 | No CommentsToday marks what would have been Marcel Duchamp’s 128th Birthday. Duchamp was born in France […]
Posted on April 24, 2015 | No CommentsThe organic food movement is no longer just a trend, but a necessity for many […]
Posted on April 16, 2015 | 2 CommentsA lot can happen in 50 years, and many of us are celebrating the 50th […]
Posted on March 16, 2015 | No CommentsAfter a long, cold, and snowy January and February, Mother Nature decided we weren’t quite […]
Posted on February 19, 2015 | No CommentsToday we’d like to wish 203 Prince Street a happy “landmark” birthday. On this day […]
Posted on December 26, 2014 | No CommentsAs a student of architectural history at NYU and having lived in New York for […]