Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- Landmarks50: 295 East 8th Street: Now home to seven apartments, 295 East 8th Street a.k.a. 127 Avenue B, opened in...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 23, 2015 | No CommentsOne hundred nineteen years ago today, on March 23, 1896, a law introduced by New […]
Posted on September 24, 2013 | No CommentsF. Scott Fitzgerald, considered one of the greatest American writers of the 20th century and […]
Posted on January 16, 2013 | 1 CommentOn this day, January 16, in 1919, Prohibition took effect, prohibiting the “manufacture, sale, or […]
Posted on April 5, 2012 | 2 CommentsImage via Gothamist. It was five years ago today at 86 Bedford Street that a […]
Posted on January 13, 2012 | No CommentsToday marks the tenth anniversary of the final performance of the off-Broadway hit The Fantasticks […]
Posted on July 18, 2011 | 2 CommentsJust last week the famed Copacabana nightclub reopened yet again. At its newest incarnation at […]
Page 1 of 11