Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
St. Veronica’s Church
Posted on March 17, 2017 | No CommentsThe following was originally written by Sheryl Woodruff and posted two years ago. It has been […]
Posted on March 17, 2014 | 1 CommentIt seems that on St. Patrick’s Day, everyone is Irish or of Irish descent. The […]
Posted on October 24, 2013 | No CommentsWith next Tuesday’s hearing on the possible landmark designation of the Tifereth Israel Town & […]
Posted on May 16, 2012 | No CommentsThis weekend, the New York Landmarks Conservancy is again organizing the state-wide Sacred Sites Open […]
Posted on February 28, 2012 | 8 CommentsFor historic preservationists, who often use the built environment as a major source of information […]
Page 1 of 11