Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Astor Place Riot: Recently we have been running a series in Off the Grid on the Village as ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
st. vincent’s hospital
Posted on December 1, 2016 | No CommentsEvery December 1st since 1988 has been marked as World AIDS Day, but this year’s […]
Posted on September 23, 2016 | 1 CommentIt’s no secret that the Village has changed. However, due to rising demand for real […]
Posted on November 20, 2015 | 1 CommentYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on June 25, 2015 | 1 CommentOn Tuesday, June 23, The Stonewall Inn, the place where the modern lesbian, gay, bisexual, […]
Posted on December 1, 2014 | No CommentsSince 1988, December 1 has marked a day of awareness for the global pandemic of […]
Posted on July 2, 2014 | 2 CommentsThirty-three years ago this Thursday, on July 3, 1981, the New York Times ran a […]
Posted on February 14, 2013 | 1 CommentLast week the design team behind the AIDS Memorial in St. Vincent’s Park presented some […]
Posted on July 2, 2012 | No CommentsA little over two months ago, Off the Grid covered a meeting regarding the proposed […]
Posted on October 19, 2011 | No CommentsAN IMPORTANT REMINDER: TOMORROW NIGHT COMMUNITY BOARD #2 WILL BE HOLDING A PUBLIC HEARING AND […]
Posted on October 7, 2011 | No CommentsImage via William With all the recent discussions about the triangle site at 7th Avenue […]
Page 1 of 11