Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- ‘Zoning for Quality & Affordability': Debunking the Myths and Misinformation: Nearly 30 community boards across the city and the Bronx Borough President have now voted...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
st. vincent’s hospital
Posted on November 20, 2015 | No CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on June 25, 2015 | No CommentsOn Tuesday, June 23, The Stonewall Inn, the place where the modern lesbian, gay, bisexual, […]
Posted on December 1, 2014 | No CommentsSince 1988, December 1 has marked a day of awareness for the global pandemic of […]
Posted on July 2, 2014 | 1 CommentThirty-three years ago this Thursday, on July 3, 1981, the New York Times ran a […]
Posted on February 14, 2013 | 1 CommentLast week the design team behind the AIDS Memorial in St. Vincent’s Park presented some […]
Posted on July 2, 2012 | No CommentsA little over two months ago, Off the Grid covered a meeting regarding the proposed […]
Posted on October 19, 2011 | No CommentsAN IMPORTANT REMINDER: TOMORROW NIGHT COMMUNITY BOARD #2 WILL BE HOLDING A PUBLIC HEARING AND […]
Posted on October 7, 2011 | No CommentsImage via William With all the recent discussions about the triangle site at 7th Avenue […]
Page 1 of 11